Tuesday, October 2, 2012

UPCOMING: Downtown Hollywood Mural Project

Starting this month (October 2012) I will be a featured artist in the new Downtown Hollywood Mural Project!  Lebo kicked it off in August, and Ruben Ubiera has been cranking his piece out for September, and finally THIS WEEKEND I will get to start mine!  Read about it here.

The building at 1901 Harrsion Street is the most beautiful space to work with, so I put together a site specific execution of my colorful, kaleidoscoping diamonds and bold black and white lines to complement the corner of the historic downtown block.  I used to work around the corner from the building years ago, so I am really looking forward to getting back into the Hollywood funkkkk!

To commemorate the building, I will be releasing a series of small acrylic on paper pieces that will be available through my webstore on October 20th, the same night that I will be painting during the Downtown Hollywood Artwalk.  So, come on out and follow me on Instagram @JessyNite for process photos, progress and all of the craziness inbetween!

I will keep you posted about the event on the 20th!  CANT WAIT TO PAINT...WOOP WOOOOOP!

No comments: